The water supply in NSW is dropping at the fastest rate on record so Level 2 water restrictions are now in place. What do they mean for you? The biggest changes:
- You can only use a watering can or bucket to water your garden before 10am and after 4pm
- You can only use drip irrigation or smart watering systems for a maximum of 15 minutes a day per watering zone, before 10am and after 4pm
- You can only top up an existing pool or spa, using a hose fitted with a trigger nozzle, watering can or bucket for a maximum of 15 minutes a day. You can only do this to replace water lost through evaporation, not to replace water deliberately removed from the pool or spa
- You can only wash your vehicles with a bucket and sponge – not with a hose
- You need a permit to fill new or renovated pools and spas that hold more than 500 litres.
Fines of $220 apply to individuals and $550 to businesses. No rain is predicted for months so it’s essential that we do everything we can to save water.
For more information go to Sydney Water